The nearest airport – Birmingham Airport (BHX)
The venues are a mere 9 miles from Birmingham Airport and a taxi journey should take approximately 20-30 minutes dependent on traffic. There are also trains from Birmingham International station to Birmingham New Street (approximately 5-10 minutes journey time) then follow the directions above for taxi journeys or walking to the venues.
Travelling by car
We have electric car charging points outside both of the conference centres and hotel!
From M6 North and South
1. Exit at Junction 6 for A38(M) following signs for “Birmingham (Cen)”.
2. Take lane 2 of the A38(M) for 2 miles, following signs for “City Centre”.
3. Exit left off the A38(M) immediately after the overhead “End of Motorway” sign, before the flyover. Keep left and follow signs for “Aston University”.
4. Please use the following maps to the appropriate car park.
From M42, East Midlands and Birmingham Airport Leave the M42 at Junction 7(A), following signs for “M6 (N) Birmingham (Central & N)” join the M6 (N). Follow the directions from M6 above.
From M5 South-West and City Centre
1. Leave the M5 at Junction 3, signposted “A456” towards Birmingham. Follow the A456 for about 5 miles towards the “City Centre”.
2. As you approach the City Centre, the road broadens to three lanes. Take the right lane as you approach “Five Ways” roundabout. Take the third exit, following signs for
Ring Road (A4540), Airport/NEC (A45).
3. Exit the roundabout, onto the A4540 Islington Row Middleway, continue onto the Lee Bank Middleway and keep left.
4. At the Belgrave Interchange, turn left onto the A38, signed “A38(M), M6)”.
5. Keep in the middle lane and follow the A38. Follow the road onto Suffold Street Q’Way, then onto Great Charles Street Q’Way (A4400) (This will take you through three underpasses.)
6. After the third underpass, exit left immediately before the flyover, signposted “Aston University”, then stay in the right hand lane.
7. At the Lancaster Circus round-about take the 3rd exit off signposted “Aston University”. Use the following map to the appropriate car park.
From M40 Oxford
Take M40 north and join the M42 westbound towards the M5. Travel north on the M5, leaving at junction 3 and follow directions from M5 South-West above.
From M1 and The South
Take M1 north and exit at Junction 19 to join the M6 towards Birmingham. Follow the directions above from the M6.
From South Birmingham (Moseley, A45, A34)
Join the A4540 heading North. When Birmingham Science Park is on your left,
take the left turn at the traffic lights onto Lister Street, continuing onto Woodcock Street. Use the following map to the appropriate car park.
Hotel Accommodation available at Aston University at £89.00 per night pre and Post conference. A code will be issued later for Hotel Bookings